A practical, sometimes skeptical Witch based in Toronto, Canada.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Merry Meet! Welcome to a New Start

Merry Meet! Here is a new start to blogging. This is the second time that I've maintained a blog; the first blog I had was quite popular, if I do say so myself. However, I've just erased it as I had not updated it for several years. I let it go after my separation from my ex-husband . . . but my life is much different now. Time to create something new in my life! :)

I want to share my thought around something I feel strongly about. Having grown up a Roman Catholic and spending time as a Zen Buddhist I've realized that this has prepared me for Wiccanism! Intrigued? I feel that I've learned a lot in both those religions (and I haven't left them behind completely) but I have always held a set of values that align with Wiccanism. It just hasn't opened itself up to me until now. It's a little hard to explain but I now have a whole blog to explain myself and explore my thoughts. I've become excited about the faith and I'm trying to get my hands on as much information as I can.

Within the last few years I've realized I'm a witch (and could have possibly been one in a past life) and I've finally found a faith that aligns with my beliefs and values. It started to come to me as I came to the realization that I'm an empath and can sense others' emotions. In a sense, I don't see auras, I feel them! I didn't realize that that was what I was doing and how it was negatively affecting my moods and thinking. I needed to find ways to protect my energy. Hence, Wicca offered me a way to channel energy and protect my own . . . but that's only a start :)

Join me as I explore Wiccanism and withcraft. I will share what I learn, read, study, and the other interesting witches that cross my path. My challenge, I live in the city . . . not always the easiest place to practice the craft!

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment