A practical, sometimes skeptical Witch based in Toronto, Canada.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Divine Shopping Intervention


Ever walk into a store and find something unique and figure that it was put there just for you? I was shocked to walk into one of my favourite spiritual stores in the Annex, Toronto and find a pentacle, surrounded by Celtic knots and the Tibetan Buddhist endless knots in the centre. Now, if you don't know anything about me, being a Irish Wiccan that has studied and incorporates a lot of Buddhist thinking and works with a lot of Tibetans, I very much appreciated this. This is the kind of intercultural-interfaith mixing that makes me excited! I like pulling meaningful ideas and concepts from various traditions and combining them. It was apparently made by a Toronto artist.

I've put it together with other Buddhist, Christian and Wiccan items in my living room . . . including one of my favourite statues of Buddha in, what I like to call, the "Jesus pose." Nice to see him with his hand open on a lotus, rather than meditating, reclining, or decapitated.

Do you have any unique items that you feel were left for you to see, pick up or buy?

4 comments:

  1. What a great post and beautiful pictures too! I love when I go to a store and find the perfect item-especially when the store is non-magical and yet you find the perfect item for your altar or spell work. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Have a wonderful day and an awesome weekend!
    Blessings,
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm enjoying reading yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever browsed through the store called "Wonderworks" on Harbord Street? Any time I'm in Toronto, I make sure to go there. I've found some lovely Goddess-related things there over the years. Plus I think they offer workshops and ritual events too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that store! I didn't know that they did ritual and workshops. I'll have to go there again soon. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete